Lewis Captains Lacrosse Team to 7-5 Victory Over Williams College

By W. P. Smith

Behind the powerful attacks of Captain Dexter Lewis, the Crimson Saturday took its eighth of 14 games with Williams since 1928 by a 7-5 score.

Lewis tallied five of the seven varsity goals, four in the last half of the game.

At the end of the first quarter, the Crimson led, 1-0, after a goal by Lewis at 10:58.

In the second quarter, however, the Ephmen came back strongly on the offense, scoring twice within the first three minutes. The game then settled down to the slow pace characteristic of the first period until 9:03, when Dick Seigrift, star Williams attackman and team captain, unassisted drove past Crimson goalie John Ogden.

It was then the Crimson's turn to retaliate with a fast moving combination of the midfield and attack. Larry Coburn, attack, sank the ball in the Williams' cage at 11:47 on an assist from Mike Holmes of the midfield. Coburn was active within the next minute as he assisted Jim Gale, midfield, score the final point of the first half, to leave the game in a 3-3 tie.

The second half was dominated by Crimson attack as Lewis scored four times without assistance. The varsity forged ahead on a tally at 3:51 of the third quarter, followed shortly by a Williams goal to tie the score at 4-4. Before the period ended, however, Lewis had again put the Crimson ahead by one point. In the last quarter the varsity outscored Williams, 2 to 1.

A Williams freshman team bowed to the Yardlings on Saturday in a home game, 6-4. Charles Mallonce led the Crimson with four points in a game closely played for three quarters.