Lacrosse Squad Beaten By Middlebury, 12 to 7

Middlebury College upset the varsity lacrosse team 12 to 7 at Middlebury on Saturday to give the Crimson its ninth loss in 13 games.

The varsity had been slightly favored on the basis of comparative scores, since M. I. T., which the Crimson nipped 6 to 5 earlier in the season, had defeated Middlebury.

The Crimson started off fast and took a 4-2 lead after the first period. In the second period, however, the varsity's play became sloppy. Poor stick-handling and passing combined with an inability to pick up loose balls enabled Middlebury to score six goals and grab a commanding 8-4 lead.

High scorer for the Crimson was once again Captain Dexter Lewis, who put in three goals. The remaining four Crimson goals were scored by Tim Draper, Mike Durham, Lindsay Fischer, and John Lane.

Coach Bruce Munro did not make his proposed midfield changes. Instead of concentrating his strength to get two midfields of above-average strength, Munro continued his policy of playing three fairly equal combinations. He left the first and third midfields intact, but played the third ahead of the second. The second midfield was without the services of Maclay Hyde.