Soloway Resigns As Senior Tutor

Arnold M. Soloway, assistant professor of Economics, has resigned as Alston Burr Senior Tutor of Leverett House, Dean Leighton announced last night.

The Corporation is expected to confirm the appointment of Richard T. Gill '48, teaching fellow in Economics, to the vacated post at its next meeting.

Soloway will join Edward S. Mason, George F. Baker Professor of Economics and Dean of the Graduate School of Public Administration, in a three-month investigation of the economic situation in New York City this summer. The investigation is preliminary to a decision on whether to undertake a major research project on the subject, Mason said.

Soloway has been Leverett's Senior Tutor since 1953 and still had three years to go on his five-year appointment.

Gill is a former associate dean of the College, in addition to his teaching in Economics, and is presently serving as an advisor to the Ford Foundation's faculty fellowship program here, acquainting its 50 participants with tutorial, General Education, and similar University programs, under the Foundation's Fund for the Advancement of Education.