Margarita Will Confer With Rutgers Athletic Director This Week

Freshman football coach Bob Margarita revealed last night that he will meet with Harry Rockefeller, Rutgers Athletic Director, in New York at the end of the week to discuss the possibility that Margarita will be head coach for the Scarlet next year.

The Yardling coach was approached earlier by Rutgers officials seeking a replacement for Harry Harmson, who resigned the top coaching job at the end of last season.

Margarita would not comment specifically on reasons for considering the Rutgers position. "I don't know too much about it yet," he said, "but they approached me and I felt I should look into anything that came along." He added, "I will know more at the end of the week."

Margarita, who came to the Crimson staff in 1951 from the top post at George-town, would not comment on his possible successor, should the Rutgers move be made. Head Crimson coach Lloyd Jordan could not be reached for comment.

The possibility of Margarita's transfer to Rutgers was first rumored by Boston newspapers and confirmed Monday night by Rockefeller in New Brunswick, N.J.