Yardllings Sweep Four Saturday Contests

All four freshman teams won in games Saturday at Cambridge and Hanover. The hockey team defeated Boston University 5 to 4, the basketball quintet overwhelmed M.I.T. 68 to 44, Yardling squash players swept Dartmouth 9 to 0, and the wrestlers topped M.I.T. 29 to 3.

SEXTET EDGES S.U.

The Yardling Hockey team remained undefeated as it defeated a scrappy Boston University squad with a 5-4 win at Watson.

High scorer for the freshmen was first line center Dickie Fischer, who tallied twice within six seconds of the second period. Dave Vietz made the opening goal of the game at 6:50 on a pass from line mate Dick McLaughlin. Maurice Balboni added another in the second period unassisted. Gord Marlow scored the clincher or at 1:54 of the third period on a pass from Fischer

FIVE BEATS M.I.T.

Captain George Harrington sparked the freshman basketball team to their fourth straight win 68-44 over M.I.T. at the M.I.T. cage. Behind by three points midway through the second period, the team caught fire and led by 30-23 at he half.

Harrington's 20 points made him high scorer for the Crimson and his back-court play was the key to the victory. With Bryant Danner and Griff McClellan rebounding, the visitors were able to control the boards.

WRESTLERS SWEEP TECH

In its first meet of the season, the freshman wrestling team swept to a 29 to 3 victory over the M.I.T. freshman, at the I.A.B. The Yardlings' sole loss came in the 130 lb. class, which Mike Bell dropped by decision, 7-6.

The results of the meet were: in the 130 lb, class, Skeels, by decision (4-2); in the 137 lb. class, Striker, by decision (4-1); in the 147 lb. class, Noble, by decision (9-4); in the 157 lb. class, Eastling, by a pin (time 1:10); in the 167 lb. class, Sullivan, by a pin (time 5:20); in the 177 lb. class, Foster, by default; and in the heavyweight division, Leary, by a pin (time 38 sec.).

SQUASH TEAM WINS

In their second away game of the year, the Yardling squash team defeated the Dartmouth freshmen, 8 to 1. The team won all their matches, except for first singles, with little difficulty, having a definite edge on the Big Green in experience.

At the first singles slot Charlie Hamm bowed to Dick Hoehn son of the Dartmouth coach, 12-15, 18-13, 12-15, 15-13. Hamm came frome a 10-14 deficit in the final game to 13-14, only to loss when Hoehn made a perfect drop shot off a near-winner by Hamm.