'Cliffe Student Government Plans 'Invitational Weekend' for Parents

Fathers or Family?

Radcliffe will inaugurate a "parents invitational weekend" this spring, unless student opinion runs counter to the proposal now under consideration by the Student Government Association.

Miss Mildred P. Sherman, dean of college relations, has told the SGA that the Administration has promised to co-sponsor the event for the parents of one Radcliffe class.

The SGA is expected to decide next Tuesday whether the invitation will go to the parents of the sophomore or the junior class. It must also decide whether parents weekend will be solely a "fathers" weekend or a "mothers and fathers" event.

The second weekend in March has been proposed as a tentative date for the new project, to correspond to the March 8 and 9 performances of "Drumbeats and Song,"

Suggested activities for the visiting parent sinclude a luncheon sponsored by the Radcliffe Administration, teas, dinner in the various dormitories and attending University classes.

In planning a parents weekend, the SGA was acting on a recommendation made at the student government's Cedar Hill Conference last month. The purpose of the project, according to SGA President Karen A. Goukassow '57, is to encourage a visit from parents who might not come on their own initiative.