CRIMSON Announces Upperclass Competitions for All Four Boards

All But Freshmen

The doors of 14 Plympton St. will open at 7:30 p.m. this evening to welcome sophomores, juniors, and seniors interested in membership on the CRIMSON. Freshmen will be greeted at the end of November.

Candidates do not compete against other students. Rather, they attempt to meet fixed CRIMSON standards within a certain period of time, usually from six to eight weeks. If a candidate meets CRIMSON standards in less time, he will be elected that much sooner.

Government majors will receive an especially warm welcome this election year from the editorial board. A knowledge of state and federal politics, if combined with an ability to write, is a valuable asset.

The news board offers undergraduates an opportunity to come into contact with leading figures on both the College and national levels. In the last week, for example, news writers have met and traveled with Adlai Stevenson and Richard Nixon. A candidate for the news board, in addition to meeting people and going places, will find that constant advice and criticism will considerably improve his writing.

The business board provides excellent training in advertising and selling techniques. The basic work for such CRIMSON extras as the Career Guide, fashion features, and the telephone directory is done by the business board.

A candidate for the photographic board is given opportunity, equipment, and patient criticism. The high standards of CRIME photographers can be seen in this week's Life and in the picture of Adlai Stevenson which is on his campaign posters.

Radcliffe students are encouraged to compete for any one of the four boards. Their competition is well supervised, and takes their parietal regulations and social relations into consideration.

The CRIMSON also welcomes cartoonists.