Kitty Will Perish Without Special Food Prepared by Mrs. Brennan

Singing Students Steal Cat

By Bruce M. Reeves

Four singing Harvard students stole Mrs. Brennan's cat last Saturday night.

"Probably they didn't realize the cat belonged to anyone," Mrs. Lilian Brennan said last night, "but it belongs to my little son and daughter and my son has been sick lately and he misses it very much."

Mrs. Brennan's neighbor on Plympton St. saw the students drive off with the cat after midnight last weekend and commented that they had been celebrating and singing when they grabbed it.

The trouble is that the cat has had intestinal disorders because of an old injury and can eat only eat special food which Mrs. Brennan prepares. "It won't eat from anyone but us," Mrs. Brennan added. "Unless we find it soon it will die."

The cat is an unusually large one, which has been in the Brennan family for seven years. Its name is Throck-morton, but it usually answers to "Here, Kitty." Its tail and spine were damaged two years ago in an automobile accident.

"I will gladly offer a reward to the person who tells me where it is now," Mrs. Brennan said. "I don't want to get any student in trouble for taking it, though. I just want to get it back before it's too late."

The abduction was reported yesterday to University police chief Matthew Toohey, who is an old friend of the Brennan family.

The cat may be returned, with no questions asked, to Mrs. Brennan's second-floor apartment at 61 Plympton St.