Crimson Penalties Are Decisive As Ephs Top Soccer Team, 3-2

Second Straight Loss

WILLIAMSTOWN, Oct. 17--Heat and a primed Williams soccer team teamed up today to wear down the Crimson, 3 to 2. The win made it two straight for the Ephs, while the visitors were handed their second loss in a row.

The game was generally well-played, despite the heat, but both teams tended to tire late in the contest. The Crimson got away only one more shot on the goal than Williams. But midway in the final period, with the score at two-all, Harvard slowed and did not come out for the ball, allowing the Ephs to drive through the middle and did not come out for the ball, allowing the Ephs to drive through the middle for the winning score.

Ken McIntosh at outside right and Jim Shue at inside right scored for the Crimson. Center half Kem Bawden tallied twice for Williams, and Dick Repp scored once.

Bawden opened the scoring for the Ephs in the second period when he got off a good penalty kick after a Crimson fullback had been called for blocking. McIntosh tied the score a few minutes later when he took a pass from his wing and deflected a shot off the Williams fullback for a score.

McIntosh set up another score early in the second half when he passed to Jim Shue and the inside right jammed it into the net. Dick Repp tied it up late in the quarter on a good head-in on a pass from left wing Dave Kimball. Bawden scored the winning goal midway in the fourth period on a penalty kick.