Shue New Soccer Head; Norris to Lead Harriers

James W. Shue '58, of Dunster House and Wenonah, N.J., was elected captain of next year's varsity soccer team yesterday. He played inside right on this year's squad.

This was Shue's second year as a soccer letterman, and he also started for the 1954 freshman team. He attended Caldwell High School in Livingston, N.J., before entering Harvard.

Shue succeeds Captain Grey Hodnett, center forward of the 1956 team.

This year's squad won three games and lost eight this season, but reached its high point with a 2 to 1 victory over Princeton two weeks ago.

In a very close game last Friday, Ivy League champion Yale edged the varsity 2 to 1.

David A. Norris '58, of Lowell House and Rochester, N.Y., was elected captain of next year's varsity cross country team. He succeeds David G. McLean.

During most of the season, Norris was second in effectiveness only to ace Pete Reider, finishing 14th in the Heptagonals. Last week, Norris finished 35th out of 225 runners in the annual IC4A Meet in New York.

During the winter and spring seasons, Norris runs the two-mile on the varsity track team. Last season, he finished second to Reider in the two-mile in the outdoor Heptagonals.

The varsity compiled a record of six wins and one loss, while taking the Heptagonals title.