Dulles' Condition 'Good' Following Cancer Operation

WASHINGTON, Nov. 4--Emergency surgery on Secretary of State Dulles revealed that the 68-year-old Cabinet member was stricken with an intestinal cancer, the State Department said today.

Dulles was reported in "good" condition after yesterday's 2 1/2-hour operation.

The State Department emphasized that doctors had "no evidence whatsoever" that the cancer had extended to other organs in the abdomen.

Doctors predicted that the secretary should be able to return to his desk in about six weeks.

Stevenson Plan

LIBERTYVILLE, Ill., Nov. 4--Adlai E. Stevenson today urged President Eisenhower to take swift steps toward flying United Nations observers into Hungary and other Soviet satellites.

Such action by the U.N. might aid Hungary, he said, and "might help to save Poland from a fate similar to Hungary's."

"Premier Nagy of Hungary has already appealed to the United Nations for help. May I therefore recommend that you at once set in motion machinery to activate the Peace Observation Commission which was created in 1950 under the uniting-for-peace resolution.

"This would make it possible for the United Nations to mobilize large teams of official observers and fly them into Hungary and also into other satellite nations that might welcome or consent to their presence."