Wrestlers to Meet M.I.T.

M.I.T. should provide a little more competition for the sophomore-laden varsity wrestling team tonight than did Dartmouth last Friday, but there is every indication that the varsity will rack up its second win of the season. The match will begin at 8 p.m., in Tech's Walker Gym.

Although it was feared that the inexperience of the sophomore members of the squad would greatly hamper the varsity, all seven of them performed admirably against Dartmouth, registering three pins and a forfeit. Captain Bob Gilmor picked up the other pin, as the varsity swamped the inept Indian team, 34 to 0.

M.I.T. has split its two matches so far this season, but except for two or three good wrestlers, the team appears weak.

Harris Hyman at 147 is possibly the best member of the squad, but he comes up against the Crimson's outstanding sophomore, former Yardling captain Joey Noble, who won by forfeit Friday. Another Engineer standout, Ed Brenner, will come up against Gilmor at 167. The other Tech star, Tony Vertin, meets Bob Foster, who also pinned his Dartmouth opponent.

Rounding out the lineup for the Crimson varsity will be Dave Skeels at 123, Mike Abramovitz, another sophomore who got a pin, at 130, Bob Crook, at 137, replacing Paul Striker, who had to leave for home early, Jack Eastling at 157, and Ted Raymond at heavyweight.