City Manager Talks Cambridge Emergency Shelter, Discourages Street Closures in Council Meeting

On Leave Due to COVID-19 Concerns, Forty-Three Harvard Dining Workers Risk Going Without Pay

Harvard Prohibits Non-Essential University Travel Until May 31, International Travel Cancelled Until August 31

Ivy League Will Not Allow Athletes to Compete as Grad Students Despite Shortened Spring Season

‘There’s No Playbook’: Massachusetts Political Campaigns Navigate a New Coronavirus Reality

Weakened Track Varsity Opposes Dartmouth Today

On paper, the varsity track team may have figured to defeat Dartmouth in today's dual meet at Hanover. But after the loss of two top Crimson performers, the meet may not be decided until the concluding mile relay, and even then, the Indians might win.

Lost to the varsity are its two best hurdlers, Joel Cohen, out with a foot injury, and Paul Rosenthal, sidelined with academic difficulties. Their loss might also cost the team first places in both the broad and high jumps.

Dartmouth, on the other hand, has three excellent competitors, Doug Brew and Dick Schad in the middle distances, and Willie Einarson in the broad jump, shotput, and high jump.

The Indians cannot match the Crimson's depth, however, except in the pole vault. Both Al Wills and Dick Wharton are capable of defeating Brew and Schad in the 600, and the varsity could take the mile and the two mile if Brew doesn't run in those events.

These wins might be offset by a Dartmouth sweep in the pole vault. Both Bill Buchanan and Lou Metzger of the Green have topped the best Crimson effort this season.