Law School Forms Group To Investigate 'Pressures'

Will Report in April

Four Faculty members and five students from the Law School met last night as a special committee to eliminate what Law students have termed "unnecessary pressure" in their curriculum. With meetings planned to last through March, the committee plans to issue a detailed report sometime in April.

Formed within the past two weeks with the backing of the Law School Dormitory Council, the group will consider existing relationships between students and Faculty, the effectiveness of the School's employment office, the "pressure of competition," and the difficulties to the student in transferring from college to a professional school.

Members of the committee yesterday insisted, however, that they would suggest no sharp breaks with the present educational program. "We are merely attempting to do whatever we can to make things a little easier and less high pressured for students here, particularly in the first year," a Faculty member of the committee said last night.

Open Meeting

The group will hold an open meeting on Feb. 27 at which interested students may present suggestions for improvement in the School's program. Dormitory representatives may be contacted before the open meeting, according to Calloway Cochran 2L, Council president.

The four Faculty members of the group are Professor Benjamin Kaplan, Assistant Professor Robert E. Keeton, Professor Albert M. Sacks, and Assistant Professor Donald T. Trautman '46, all of the Faculty of Law.

Student members are George S. Abrams '54 2L, Paul M. Bator, Jr. 3L, Cochran, Alan D. Hakes 3L, and Robert L. Larson 3L. Abrams will serve as chairman of the nine-man committee.