Theatre Experts Speak at Career Discussion Today

Two of the College's most famous theatrical alumni will speak tonight in the fourth Career conference of the year at 8 p.m. in the Kirkland Junior Common Room.

Robert W. Anderson '39, author of "Tea and Sympathy" and other Broadway plays, and Donald M. Oenslager '23, stage designer for such productions as "Anything Goes" and "Sabrina Fair," will discuss the Conference's topic, "Theatre." Garson Kanin, director of "The Diary of Anne Frank," will also speak.

After graduating from the College in 1923, Oenslager joined the Provincetown Players and the Greenwich Theatre group. Since 1925, he has designed over 180 productions for the New York theatre, including operas, ballets, musicals and dramas. Among his most famous works are: "Girl Crazy," "Born Yesterday," and "My Sister Eileen." Oenslager is a noted advocate of the proposed Harvard theatre.

Anderson graduated magna cum laude from here in 1939. In 1954, his "Tea and Sympathy" won the New York Critics Award. He also wrote "All Summer Long" in the same year.