Keane Is Named '56-'57 President Of 'Law Review'

Edward W. Keane '52 of New Canaan, Conn., was elected president of the Harvard Law Review by 33 third year editors at a staff meeting this week.

Keane's first official action was to appoint the nine other officers for next year's eight issues.

Note editors are David L. Shapiro '54 of Cambridge and Thomas H. Hagoort '54 of Cedar Grove, N.J. The new Treasurer is Anthony Partridge '50 of Fairlawn, N.J. The new Case Editors are Verne W. Vance Jr. '54 of Omaha, Neb., and David Sachs of Paterson, N.J.

Herbert B. Olfson '54 of Cambridge and Bruce J. Terris '54 of San Francisco were selected Article Editors. Paul Bender '54 of Cambridge is the Developments Editor. The Book Review Editor is Howard I. Kalodner of Philadelphia.

Keane will succeed Paul M. Bator of New York City. Keane, a member of the Army ROTC, graduated from Harvard in 1952 and was commissioned a second lieutenant. He served in Korea with the Eighth Army before returning to enter the Law School in 1954.

He succeeds to an office filled in the past by several prominent public servants and members of the bar. Among the former Review Presidents are the Rate Senator Robert A. Taft, the late secretary of War Robert Patterson, David F. Cavers, Associate Dean of the Faculty of Law, and Erwin N. Griswold, Dean of the Faculty of Law.