Dyer Elected Swim Captain; Sisler Also Named Manager

The varsity swimming team yesterday elected H. Chouteau Dyer '57 of St. Louis, Mo. and Eliot House captain for the 1956-57 season.

Dyer became the varsity's top freestyle sprinter this year, establishing Harvard records in both the 50-yard and 100-yard freestyle events. In the latter event he set the mark of 50.6 in the Easterns last week at Cornell.

Against Yale the week before, Dyer equalled his own 22.4 record in the 50-yard event, set earlier this season, and also swam the 100 in 49.7. Since he finished third the time was unofficial and could not be considered as a Crimson record.

Dyer first showed his potential against Yale last year when he beat the Elis' great sprinter Kerry Donovan in the 50-yard freestyle. Rex Aubrey, who set the world record this year, won the event.

Glenn E. Sisler '57 of Birmingham, Mich. and Kirkland House, was named varsity manager for next year; Stuart G. McCornack '58 of Short Hills, N.J. and Leverett House, assistant varsity manager; and Wayne L. Emery '58, freshman manager. Theodore P. Burgess '59 of Hertford, England and Wigglesworth Hall won freshman manager numerals.