'Omnibus' Program To Show Harvard

CBS-TV film cameras will start shooting scenes around Harvard today in preparation for a 90-minute program devoted entirely to the University.

"Omnibus" will use the films on March 25. William Bentick-Smith, Assistant to the President, announced that the cameras will be taking pictures of the routine here throughout this week.

The greater part of the program will be live, but, since it will be telecast on a Sunday, it will be necessary to film parts of the show to give a complete picture of the University. The filmed scenes will include life in the Yard, the Houses, classes, and other events which will occur here during the course of this week.

The live portions will consist of interviews with President Pusey, various deans, and other officials of the University.

"Omnibus" will take up with the heritage and tradition of Harvard. It will analyze the University with respect to the ideas and concepts it has borrowed from British and Continental universities and those that it has taken from other New World universities.

Locally, the program will be carried by WNAC-TV, Channel 7, from 5 to 6:30 in the afternoon.