Tutors Will Affiliate With Annex Dorms

A tutor affiliate will eat two meals a week in each of Radcliffe's eight brick dormitories next year, President Wilbur K. Jordan announced yesterday.

The Administration's decision to finance a faculty affiliate for each dorm reflects the favorable response students have given to this year's experimental program with the tutor system.

President Jordan said that the purpose of the tutor affiliates was not to talk about courses, but to discuss general intellectual problems the students might bring up.

During the past term the Student Government Association paid for a tutor and a graduate student to eat in Briggs Hall twice weekly. The SGA experiment will move to Barnard and Moors Halls until the spring exam period.

Mrs. Louise E. Dalby, teaching fellow in History, will eat Tuesday and Thursday dinner in Barnard. Miss Irene Eucken, a first-year graduate student in Economics on exchange from Germany, will dine in Moors.

Miss Nancy D. Campell '56, President of the SGA, said the affiliate system would "increase informal student faculty contacts."