'59 Lacrosse Team Wins, 13-5; Freshman Nine Defeats U.N.H.

Golf Team Meets M.I.T.

The freshman lacrosse club, sharpening its claws all season, unleashed them yesterday against an impotent Nichols Junior College team for its second win of the season, 13 to 5.

Captain John Pille led the freshmen with three goals and three assists, as Jerry Pyle scored three markers and an assist. Tag Edwards, Dick Eldridge, and Bob Hoen tallied twice each, while Manuel Cabral rounded out the Crimson scoring.

*****

The Yardling nine played patsy with the New Hampshire freshman for eight innings yesterday, and then frothed up two runs in the ninth inning to win, 2 to 1.

Byron Johnson stayed in for the whole business allowing only 3 hits. Captain Levon Kasarjian with a triple, and Pete Razel with a double, were the chief Crimson participants in the ninth-inning rally.

*****

The freshman golf team will seek its second victory of the season when it meets M.I.T. at the Charles River Golf Club this afternoon.

The squard will be led by number one man Frank Dodge and will include Dave Bernstein, Mike Taylor, John "Whip" Filoon, Bob Grundeman, Alan Blinken, and Tony Cowal.

The first meet against Governor Dummer on April 21 went to the Yardlings by a slim margin of 5 1/2 to 3 1/2. The Andover, scheduled for April 30, was canceled because of rain.

The Yardling tennis squad motored North to Dartmouth, appropriated a 7 to 2 victory, and motored home again.

Dick Hoehn figured in the Green's only wins; he won alone, then added a partner for a doubles victory.