A Rich Menu for Sports Enthusiasts

For those students who desire to work off excess energy during July and August, the Summer School has opened the University's extensive athletic facilities.

Alway popular during this warm season are the two swimming pools in the I.A.B. (Indoor Athletic Building) on Holyoke St. A full season ticket that includes towels and locker is $6.00, while a single swim costs 50 cents. Open Monday through Friday, the pools will accommodate mixed swimming each afternoon, with separate hours for men and women in the morning.

One of the outstanding athletic events each summer is the tennis tournament. Contestants for men's or women's singles and mixed doubles should sign up with Mrs. Clouser in Grays 1 between July 13 and 19; the entrance fee will be $2.00. A season tennis ticket for the University's 35 courts is available for $5.00, with 50 cents the charge for single use.

Golfers may wish to me themselves to the Professional Golf Association Tournament to be held July 20-24 at the Blue Hill Country Club in Canton, about ten miles out of town. A softball tournament will also be scheduled here if there is sufficient interest.

Rowers can make arrangements to use wherries and shells at the Weld Boat House, and several nearby spots rent sailboats, motorboats, and canoes. Information about these and other sporting activities may be obtained from the Department of Athletics, 60 Boylston St., or at Grays Hall.

Students should not forget that Boston's Fenway Park is the home of the Red Sox baseball team. A detailed printed schedule of the whole season's games can be had free of charge at the Cambridge Trust Co. in the Square.