'Cliffe Reserve Books Put Under New Plan; Girls to Demonstrate

The Radcliffe Library system which permitted students to sign up in advance for reserve books will be abolished today, it was announced yesterday at the Radcliffe Student Government meeting.

Formerly, a student was assured, in theory, of obtaining a reserve book at 4:30 if she had signed up for it two days before. The new policy will be first come, first served, every day after 4:30 p.m.

The decision was made last Friday by Ruth K. Porritt, head Radcliffe librarian, when slight confusion ensued after sixty students had reserved twenty boks for the same night.

"Girls as Smart as Men"

"Radcliffe girls are as smart as Harvard men," said Miss Porritt, "There is no reason why we cannot operate under Lamont Library's system."

Radcliffe students heard of the new policy with consternation, as many girls foresaw long lines waiting for books. Some students armed with box lunches, plan to spend most of the day in the lines in order to get the books they want.

More practiced Lamont devotees have suggested that the girls either invade Lamont for their books or buy them.