Managers' Council Sets Up Pool; Hopes to Remedy Shortage of Staff

Because of a lack of experienced managers, especially in winter track and basketball, the Undergraduate Managers' Council will in the future keep a file on experienced athletic managers to provide a source of ready replacements for varsity and assistant managers.

Football has 18 managers and crew has eight, but the other sports have staffs of only two or three managers, composed mostly of juniors and seniors. Although there has not been a large backlog in past years, the situation has not been as serious as it is at the present, according to Glenn Irvine '58, President of the Council, and head manager of football.

The Council hopes that this file will help to maintain interest among those candidates who are unsuccessful. It will include comments by head managers on the abilities of those in the pool, and will record managers whose positions in the managerial hierarchy mean that they are not automatically advanced at the end of the season.