The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Dartmouth Officials Meet Today To Discuss Penalties for Riot

The Dartmouth Committee on Administration will meet today to discuss disciplinary measures in connection with the damage caused by Dartmouth undergraduates at the football game last weekend.

Over-enthusiastic supporters of the Big Green not only damaged Band instruments, but also fouled halyards on the Soldiers Field flagpole while attempting to hoist the Dartmouth flag. Carroll F. Getchell, Business Manager of the Harvard Athletic Association, described their action as "vandalism" and said that it was necessary to employ a steeplejack to restore the flagpole to working order.

Dartmouth to Pay

Full costs of the damage have not yet been estimated. However, reimbursement from Dartmouth is certain, as Ivy League College Administrations have a working agreement that official bills for property damages resulting from football weekends will be paid automatically.

Herbert Isaacson, Executive Editor of the Dartmouth, stated last night that in general, undergraduates in Hanover regarded the episode as "childish...an unsuccessful attempt at being colorful." Isaacson thought that about five fraternities were responsible, but would not comment on probable disciplinary action.