Yard Soccer Team Battles To 2-2 Overtime Deadlock

Hillery Ng'weno, center forward, scored both Crimson goals yesterday as the freshman soccer team played Tufts to a 2-2 tie.

The first goal came on an assist by newly elected Captain Tadhg Sweeny. He passed to center Ng'weno, who booted the ball into the left corner of the goal. Ng'weno made the second score on a penalty kick a few moments later.

Tufts scored the first of its two, midway in the second period, after Harvard had taken a 2-0 lead. The Jumbos' second point tied the score early in the last half. A double overtime period failed to break the deadlock.

Coach Dana Getchell, commenting on the game, said that he wasn't too disappointed. "My kids started passing that ball around and that's what we're trying to teach them," said the coach.

Though his team muffed about 20 chances to score, Getchell said he was pleased with the second half. He thought that the team had improved because it was taking more shots from the outside, which is what he has been concentrating on.

"Tom Blodgett, outside right, and Dick MacIntosh, inside right, played their best games yet," according to the coach. He also singled out halfbacks Hal Loucheim and Hank Zoob, along with Ng'weno, as outstanding.