Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

Yale Maps Plan For $109 Million

The Yale University Council, an advisory group of alumni appointed by the Yale Corporation, has recommended a program for the university which will require $109 million.

The Yale Corporation is expected to begin consideration of the plan at its meeting this Saturday.

There are at least two major differences between the Yale program--as sketched now--and the Program for Harvard College. First, the Yale program is intended for the university as a whole, with specific recommendations for Law School aid; and second, Yale will base its appeals on annual solicitations, instead of an all-out drive.

These contrasts are outweighed, however, by the similarities of two general aims--higher faculty salaries and better student housing.

The new Yale plan includes no apportionment for faculty salaries, because the Council felt that this was the province of the University Corporation. Breakdown of the fund drive, however, shows $56 million going to "teaching and research, including student aid," whereas only $53 million is allotted to physical "plant and equipment."

The Yale program also calls for two residential colleges, to be added to the present ten at a cost of about $15 million.