Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

Keppel Seeks Money To Construct Building For Education School

Desperate need for space and efficiency has forced the Graduate School of Education to seek $2 million in contributions for a new central building.

Francis Keppel '38, Dean of the School of Education, cited two major reasons for the construction of the proposed building.

First, the School is split up into six smaller buildings scattered through North Cambridge. Second, the present buildings are poorly designed, both for educational purposes and for efficiency. Four of the units were once private homes, and another is made of Quonset huts.

$300,000 of the goal has already been donated by private individuals and organizations, Keppel noted. Tentative target date for completion of the drive is June, 1958, but this time may vary depending on the fund-raising progress.

A 55,000 square foot floor area will house offices, classrooms, and a library. The classrooms, about 12 in number, will be of medium size--holding from 25 to 40 students--and may be used by the Faculty of Arts and Sciences for some undergraduate courses.