NATO Heads Reach Agreement On European Missile Base Plan; Khrushchev Warns of Retaliation

By The ASSOCIATED Press

PARIS, Dec. 18--Atlantic Alliance leaders agreed unanimously today to gird Europe for push-button rocket warfare. This victory for President Eisenhower's strategy of nuclear stockpiles and medium-range missile bases in Britain and on the Continent was a NATO summit conference compromise.

The United States gave its consent to cautious and guarded overtures to the Kremlin to see if any success might be achieved by fresh negotiations with the Soviet Union.

However, both agreements are in principle. A lot of work is in store for ministers and technicians before either can be carried out.

Destruction Possible

LONDON, Dec. 18--Nikita Khrushchev in a magazine article today raised the specter of nuclear destruction for any West European nation allowing American atomic bases on its territory.

At the same time he said he wants meetings of Soviet and American leaders to discuss co-existence.

The Soviet Communist party boss said countries which accept American atomic bases face shattering retaliatory attacks in the event of a war launched against Russia as a result of a misunderstood order or at the discretion of some American officer.

Dutch Property Seized

JAKARTA, Indonesia, Dec. 18--Premier Djuanda told newsmen today the government has officially taken over major Dutch industries in Indonesia and if the Dutch want compensation they must turn over Dutch West New Guinea.

But, he said, whether West New Guinea is yielded to Indonesia or not, the Dutch never will regain the powerful economic position they had held here.