Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

New England Teachers Hear Plan For High School Science Center

Summer science centers to provide high school students with both laboratory and research experience were proposed at the annual meeting of the New England Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools yesterday.

More than 1000 delegates from colleges and secondary chools met in Boston to discuss college admissions, science teaching and the challenge of Russian education. Mrs. Wilma A. Kerby-Miller, Dean of Instruction at Radcliffe, presided.

The summer science program worked successfully at the Loomis School in Connecticut, in a seven-week course given last summer, Howard E. Norris, science chairman at Loomis, stated. In this center, 24 students worked on research projects, under the direction of scientists or engineers in their particular fields.

Aside from broadening their experience in particular scientific fields, the experiment gave the boys a "cooperative feeling for scientific work," Norris said. He suggested that such Centers be established wherever educational and industrial facilities are available. Norris concluded that such a pre-college program would help answer the need for increased emphasis on science.