The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Squash Team Overpowers Penn, 9-0, Without Loss of Single Game

Play at Princeton Today

Still smarting from a totally unexpected 8-1 defeat at the hands of an inspired Navy team last Saturday, the varsity squash team bounced back to trample Penn without the loss of a game.

Playing in Philadelphia, the Crimson took nine quick, 3-0 decisions from an inexperienced, under-practiced Penn squad.

At first singles, Ben Heckscher toppled Jon Axel, 15-7, 18-14, 15-13, and at second singles, Cal Place defeated Phil Schein 15-5, 15-8, 15-12. In the third position, Larry Sears took a fast match from John Huggins, 15-3, 15-11, 15-11. All the other matches were equally decisive.

In sharp contrast to this easy win over Penn, the varsity may have a real problem on its hands at Princeton this afternoon. In danger of losing the Eastern Squash Championship and also the Ivy title unless it can win all of its remaining contests, the Crimson will have to be at the top of its game to assure a win over the Tigers.

Princeton will be out to avenge last year's trouncing at Hemenway and also to furthur damage the championship chances of its traditional rival. At first singles for the Tigers will be Ramsey Vehslage, and Jim Farrin will be in the second spot. They will be followed by a fairly well-balanced group of players from the third through ninth positions.

For the varsity, Jack Barnaby will use his usual lineup of Heckscher, Place, Sears, Charlie Hamm, Charlie MacVeagh, Henry Cortesi, Pete Lund, Ed Wadsworth, and Hank Holmes.

If the Crimson gets past the Princeton match, it can look forward to a fairly smooth schedule until the finals with Yale. It is quite possible that the contest against the Elis on March 2 will decide both the Eastern and Ivy titles, if Navy and Yale can go through the remainder of the season undefeated.