3 Varsity Squads Choose Captains for Next Season

Crimson hockey, swimming, and fencing teams have elected captains for their 1957-58 seasons.

Robert B. Cleary '58, of Winthrop House and Cambridge, was elected captain of the varsity hockey team. The Crimson topped eastern collegiate scorers with 74 points, as he sparked the Crimson to a 21-5 record, the Ivy League championship, and a playoff berth in the NCAA Tournament at Colorado Springs.

Griffith J. Winthrop '58, of Winthrop House and Canandiagua, N.Y., succeeded H. Chouteau Dyer as captain of the Crimson swimming team. He swam during part of the season on the 400-yard freestyle relay team.

The fencing team elected Peter B. Boyce '58, of Kirkland House and Cornwall-on-Hudson, N.Y., varsity captain for the next season. As a foil man, he won two of his three matches against Yale in the varsity's final meet.

Stuart G. McCornack '58, of Leverett House and Short Hills, N.J., has been elected manager of the Crimson swimming team, and Peter B. Dunbar, of Lowell House and Colfax, Ind., became varsity hockey manager.