Counsel For T-R Demands Cash, Books

Hagopian Requests Aisner's Records

Robert C. Hagopian, newly appointed treasurer and counsel for the Harvard Times-Republican, yesterday demanded all moneys and financial records of the publication from Jason A. Aisner.

Aisner, who resigned as Times-Republican treasurer and counsel after the election of Norman William Smith '58, as president of the HYRC, has presented a $500 bill for services and $3.09 bill for stamps to the Times-Republican. Hagopian stated that he was amazed that a Republican of Mr. Aisner's standing should request remuneration for such services.

Aisner has consented to appear before a meeting of the HYRC Planning Committee next Monday afternoon to state his position. The Planning Committee has voted to pay Aisner $3.09 for the stamps, but is unable to do so because Aisner still possesses the checkbooks as well as the other financial records.

Aisner, former chairman of the Youth for Eisenhower Committee in Massachusetts, refuses to turn over the records until he is paid. The bill came as a surprise to members of the Times-Republican who assumed Aisner was serving without remunerations as they were, their only expressed interest being the creation of collegiate interest in the principles of the Republican Party.

HYRC and Times-Republican President Smith commented. "Like all other organizations of this type, we have no finances to pay for services rendered by volunteers and our pulication difficulties have been augmented by a claim for services alledgedly rendered."

Aisner is now running for Chairman of The Massachusetts Council of Young Republicans, an organization of forty-four clubs, including the HYRC. Many colleges are numbered among these clubs, a majority vote of which is required for election.

Hagopian, who is not to be confused with the recently elected Club counsel Richard Bowers, said that he was astounded to learn that Aisner had ordered the cessation of a Republican publication which reached 10,000 students weekly. He also said that he was interested in bringing unity to the HYRC and in continuing publication of the Times-Republican. Hagopian is a Boston lawyer, town treasurer of Watertown, and former executive organizer of the Massachusetts Council of Young Republicans Clubs.