Crimson Baseball Squad to Face Underdog Boston College Today

On Soldiers Field

The Crimson baseball team will face Boston College at 3 p.m. on Soldiers Field this afternoon, cashing in the rain check from the contest scheduled Saturday.

Early in the season, Boston College was considered to be the team to beat in the Greater Boston League, but fell, 6 to 1, to a Brandeis squad that was subsequently victimized by the Crimson, 27 to 8.

The varsity, although undefeated in GBL competition, was rocked by Navy 12 to 6 last Friday. In the process both centerfielder Walt Stahura and short stop Bob Hastings were injured. Possibly neither will take the field against B.C.

Although Dom Repetto appeared briefly in the Navy game as a pinch-hitter, he will probably be on the mound for the Crimson this afternoon, with Bob McGinnis an alternative.

Phil Haughey will handle the plate, John Simourian first base, Bob Cleary second, and Tom Bergantino third. Matt Botsford, and John Getch will handle the outfield.

Injuries could be expensive for the Crimson this week since Penn is scheduled at Philadelphia on Wednesday and Yale at Soldiers Field on Saturday. The Elis retain a tight grip on the EIBL since Dartmouth dropped out of the undefeated class over the week-end.