Montreal Canadiens Hand Bruins 6-2 Defeat As Geoffrion Scores 200th Goal of Career

By The ASSOCIATED Press

BOSTON, Jan. 19--Montreal turned loose its vaunted power including coveted 200 and 201st National Hockey League goals by Bernie Geoffrion tonight for a 6-2 victory over Boston at the Garden.

Geoffrion joined the select circle of only four active NHL players who have tallied 200 or more goals when he deflected a Jean Beliveau shot into the nets at 15:45 of the first period for a 1-0 Canadiens' lead.

It was a tight game for two periods.The Bruins, who had shut out Montreal in the Canadian city last night 3-0, tied the score 1-1 in the middle session.

BOSTON, Jan. 19--Frank Ramsey and Bob Cousy sparked a late comeback as Boston defeated Philadelphia 114-113 today in a National Basketball Assn. game at the Garden.

Cousy tallied 27 points, Bill Sharman 25 and Ramsey 24 but it took a great surge near the finish to pull it out and keep Boston's unbeaten home court record for the season intact.

Other Games

SYRACUSE, N.Y., Jan. 19--Breaking out of a tie in the last three minutes, the Syracuse Nationals beat the New York Knickerbockers today, 112-108, maintaining their grip on second place in the Eastern Division.

ST. LOUIS, Jan. 19--The St. Louis Hawks stretched their National Basketball Assn. Western Division lead to eight games today with a 108-90 victory over the Cincinnati Royals.