SGA Protests CAA Overthrow; Discusses Mimeographing Paper

Denounces 'Coup'

The Radcliffe Student Government Association yesterday passed a resolution protesting the "coup" which changed the Harvard-Radcliffe Committee to Study Disarmament into the Council Against Appeasement.

The Council also decided to ask the Administration to help finance a mimeographed substitute for the Radcliffe News, which was denied SGA aid in a student referendum last week. Costs of a mimeographed paper, printed weekly on both sides of the page, were estimated at $85.44 per year. Nancy L. Proger '59, president of SGA, said SGA should proceed with plans, because News editors "are almost sure" they will not continue publication.

Linda S. Mirin '59, founder of the Committee to Study Disarmament, emphasized that Radcliffe had a special responsibility to take a stand on the recent "coup" because the Committee was the first group "formed as a merged organization" and established at Radcliffe initiative.

In order to protest the overthrow meeting and avert similar incidents, the SGA approved the resolution passed by the Harvard Student Council Monday. In addition the group recommended that Radcliffe and merged organizations include in their constitutions "provisions designed to safeguard their original purposes and most basic aims."