Dulles Promises Big Three Unity Against Communist Berlin Threats

By The ASSOCIATED Press

WASHINGTON--Secretary of State Dulles asserted yesterday that the Western powers will act with unity and firmness to defend West Berlin against Communist threats.

He emphasized this united stand in order to dispel reports that the United States, Britain, France, and West Germany were split over how far to go in blocking the Soviet Union's move to drive the Western Big Three out of the divided city.

In answering questions, Dulles ruled out any immediate Allied meeting on Berlin which would dramatize the Allied intention of standing firm.

UN Votes to Form Space Group

UNITED NATIONS, N.Y.--The U.N. Political Committee voted last night to set up a study group on outer space despite the Soviet Union's announced intention to boycott it.

By a vote of 54 to 9 with 18 abstentions the committee decided to create an 18-nation study group.

Ike Orders Military Aid Study

AUGUSTA, Ga.--President Eisenhower yesterday ordered a penetrating evaluation of the U.S. military aid program with the goal of bolstering free world defenses.

Republican William H. Draper, Jr., Undersecretary of the Army in the Truman administration and a former ambassador to NATO under Eisenhower, was named chairman of a nine-member committee.