Unitarian Speaks Against Buttrick On Mem Church

"I believe that Christians and Jews...can hold their own particular ceremonies in each other's places of worship without sacrificing the integrity and the dignity of their own sanctuaries," Wilburn B. Miller, minister of The First Church in Cambridge (Unitarian), asserted Saturday.

The Unitarian minister added that "it is my conviction that the use of the chapel at M.I.T. by different faiths promotes understanding and tolerance among the students as well as among the clergy."

Other developments in the current controversy on Memorial Church and its use for non-Christian weddings included the initation by the Harvard Liberal Union of a daily "newsletter," called In Fact. It will emphasize historical information "relating to the terms under which the Church was built," according to Roger C. Algase '59, president of the organization.

The first issue of the publication reported that "The Liberal Union, in sponsoring this fact sheet, feels that the best way to promote clear thinking about the current controversy over the use of Memorial Church is to bring all the relevant facts into the open."

Henry D. Aiken, professor of Philosophy, accepted an invitation to speak at a forum which the Liberal Union is cosponsoring with the Athenaeum, Algase announced. He will join two other professors in discussion of the question "Is Harvard University Within the Christian Tradition?"

Discussion centered around the controversy last night at a regular meeting of the local Unitarian undergraduate group, the Eliot Club. Algase took part in discussion there, also, expressing the opinion that "a good part of the student body disagrees with President Pusey, although he may be within his legal rights."