Little Rock Private School Plan Delayed by Circuit Court Judge; High Court Hits Evasive Moves

By The ASSOCIATED Press

OMAHA, Sept. 30--Judge Harvey M. Johnsen of the Circuit Court of Appeals announced Monday the court will issue a temporary restraining order against the Little Rock School Board which has leased four high schools to a private corporation.

The private corporation had expected to open the high schools Tuesday as segregated schools.

Judge Johnsen said the order will extend until a week from Monday when there will be a hearing on a temporary injunction.

The time and place of that hearing--St. Louis or Omaha--will be left to the chief judge of the circuit court.

Decision Unanimous

WASHINGTON, Sept. 30--The Supreme Court told resisting Southerners and all others Monday that "evasive schemes for segregation" cannot nullify orders of the court.

The unanimous opinion pointed straight toward just such things as the lease of Little Rock's four high schools for private, segregated operation.

Chief Justice Earl Warren read the 17-page opinion word for word in a quiet proceeding, while in Little Rock the lease plan blessed by Gov. Orval E. Faubus was being put into effect.

Wilson Reprieved

MONTGOMERY, Ala., Sept. 30--Jimmy Wilson, 55-year-old Negro handyman under death sentence for a $1.95 robbery, was saved from the electric chair Monday by Gov. James E. Folsom