Swimming Team To Face Cornell

The varsity swimming team, undefeated in its first three weeks, will face what coach Bill Brooks terms "the best team Cornell has ever had" at 8 p.m. tonight in the I.A.B. However, the Crimson's depth should be sufficient to contain the Big Red.

Earlier this season Cornell lost to Navy by only two points, but defeated Princeton quite handily, 65 to 21. Last week the varsity managed to beat Navy only by virtue of a win in the final 400-yard free-style relay.

In at least four events-the butterfly, the backstroke, the 440-yard freestyle, and the breaststroke-Cornell provides strong competition for some of the events which have so far been among the varsity's strongest. Big Red freestyler John Waterfall and backstrokers Bob Coifman and Gerrit White have made particularly good showings in other meets this season. Comparative scores of the Navy meets for the respective teams indicate a very close meet at the I.A.B. for the second straight Saturday night.

The undefeated freshman team journeys to Exeter today in an attempt to gain its fifth straight win.