Three Elected to HYDC Positions

Jay F. Leary '60, of Leverett House and Union, N.J., was elected last night to the newly-formed office of second vice-president of the Harvard Young Democratic Club.

At its meeting, the HYDC also passed constitutional amendments creating positions for two additional members-at-large of the club's Executive Committee. Robert C. Carr '62, of Thayer Hall and Hanover, N.H., and Kent A. Higgens '61, of Winthrop House and Bismarck, N.D., were elected to these offices.

The new second vice-president will be responsible for the organization's external activities, and will take charge of membership in Young Democratic clubs on the statewide and national levels. The first vice-president will now be in charge of the club's internal activities.

Leary has held numerous posts in the HYDC, the most recent being that of activities chairman. This office was abolished last night by the new amendments, all of which were passed with little debate.

Among future activities of the club will be a speech by Senator Ralph Yarborough (D-Texas), on March 19, and two debates with the Harvard Young Republican Club.