Green Whips Lacrosse Team, 19-2

Dartmouth's depth and experience proved to be more than the varsity lacrosse team could handle as it dropped its fourth straight Ivy League contest 19 to 2 at Hanover Saturday. Varsity pass sequences, which had worked effectively against Tufts last Wednesday, were almost completely stifled by the Indians' rugged experienced defense.

Only in the third period did the varsity outplay Dartmouth, and then it was for the most part against Indian second stringers. Playing more relaxed than at any other point during the game, the Crimson outscored its opponents 2 to 1.

But during the rest of the game, the varsity had no chance: it was outscored 5 to 0 in the first period, 6 to 0 in the second, and 7 to 0 in the fourth.

Throughout the season, lack of depth has been one of the chief factors in varsity defeats, and the Dartmouth game pointed this out more clearly than ever. While the Indians could put together three effective midfields with seven midfielders injured, the varsity made the trip with only nine midfielders. Further, the varsity had only four attackmen and four defensemen at Hanover.

Varsity goals were scored by attackman Dave Bohn, with an assist from Jerry Pyle, and midfielder Dick Parks.