Varsity Lightweights Win

The varsity 150 crew won the Goldth-wait Cup last Saturday on Princeton's Lake Carnegie to maintain its undefeated season record. The Crimson defeated both Princeton and Yale in the 34th annual renewal of the Cup race, taking first for the 14th time since the competition began in 1922.

Covering the one and five-sixteenth mile Henley course in a fast 6:33.4, the varsity whipped the Tiger eight by more than six seconds. The Yale boat was far behind in 6:50.0. From all indications, coach Laury Coolidge's crew seems headed for another triumph in the Henley Regatta.

In the accompanying junior varsity contest, the Crimson eight lost to a fast Princeton crew by slightly more than a second. The Tigers covered the course in 6:39.1, bettering the Crimson's 6:40.3. Again, Yale trailed far behind the leaders, turning in a slow 7:02.0 performance.

Princeton's freshmen also took the measure of their Crimson opponents, by a decisive five-second margin. The Yardlings' 6:47.5 clocking was not enough against a smooth-stroking Tiger eight that went the distance in 6.42.8. For the third time of the afternoon, Yale followed in he wake of the main combatants, limping in at 7:05.5.