Faculty Gives Prizes to Theses, Dissertations; Fulbrights Granted

The Faculty of Arts and Sciences has awarded a number of annual prizes for theses and doctoral dissertations. The George B. Sohier Prize was awarded to Henry S. Heifetz '57-4 for his senior honors thesis entitled "The Development of Imagery and Thought in the Poetry of Edwin Muir." Honorable mention went to Judith C.R. Davies '59.

The James Gordon Bennet Prize went to Lee B. McTurnan '59 for his thesis "The National Rural Electric Cooperative Association: A Study in Group Politics;" the Philo Sherman Bennett Prize to Guido G. Goldwin '59 for "Zionism under Soviet Rule;" and the Eric Firth Prize to Isaac Kramnick '59 for "William Godwin: The Enlightenment and Political Philosophy."

Nadav Safran received the Chase Award for his doctoral dissertation, "Modern Egypt in Search of an Ideology;" the Sumner Award goes to Stafford G.W. Johnston 7G for "The Primacy of Justice: A Study of Liberalism and its Role in World Politics;" and the Toppan Prize to Paul E. Sigmund, Jr. 6G for "Hierarchy and Consent: The Political Theory of Nicholas of Cusa."

Fulbright Scholarships have been awarded to three Radcliffe students: Wilda M. Marraffino, to study Modern Italian History in Rome; Laura Maslow to study French History and Literature at Marseilles; and Mrs. Renee E. Watkins to study History in Florence.