Class of '63 Largest In College History; 322 'Cliffies Enter

More than thirteen thousand students, more than two thousand of whom will be women, will register at the University this week. Over half of the total number will be enrolled in the nine graduate schools. All students except freshmen, who register today are expected to register on Friday.

Of the undergaduates, 4,580 will be Harvard men, 1080 students at the Annex. Both colleges have the largest entering classes in their history--1231 men and 322 women--as well as the largest number of students entering with sophomore standing. In the Harvard class alone, 77 men have sophomore standing now and more are expected to qualify after placement tests.

Wide geographic distribution is characteristic of both freshmen classes, with all states and 30 foreign countries represented in the Yard, and 38 states and 6 countries at Radcliffe. About one third of each class will receive financial aid, a figure close to that of previous years.

Business School Open to Women

In its graduate schools, the University begins a new academic tradition by admitting three women to the Graduate School of Business Administration. For the first time, all University classrooms will be open to women. Some 300 women will do graduate work at Harvard this year in addition to the 420 who are graduate students at Radcliffe.