Students Plan First Local 'Coeducational' Musical

Segal, Pudding Show Author, Writes Review, "Voulez-Vous"

Cambridge's first original musical starring both men and women will be produced next month by a group of graduate and undergraduate students, all veterans of local stage productions.

"Voulez-Vous," by Eric W. Segal '58, is being produced by Victor N. Clamen '58. The group has been incorporated as "Victor N. Clamen Presents" and all profits will go to the Harvard Fund. The show will open Feb. 18 in the Pi Eta Theatre and will run for two weeks.

Clamen described the production as an "amusing evening's entertainment dealing chiefly with current sociological situations." The show was developed by Segal "from a sense of the need for this type of porduction."

Segal, author of the 1958 Hasty Pudding show, "The Big Fizz," is a second year graduate student in the Classics, and a section man in Humanities 7, "The Comic Tradition in Western Literature."

John Ratte '57, also a second year graduate student, and a former Rhodes scholar and class poet, is staging the review. Ratte has designed many sets for local productions including the H.D.C. production of "Hamlet."

Clamen was the producer for the Gilbert and Sullivan Players as an undergraduate, while the associate producer, Peter B. Kane '60, has directed several local productions including "The Questioning of Nick," the first play by Arthur L. Kopit '59.

Malcolm Ticknor and Matilda Cole Ticknor '59 will star in the review, supported by Margot Walk, Dean Gitter, and Robert Silver '59. Choreography is by Lenore Friedland, Brandeis '60.