Cross Country Teams Defeat B.U. Runners By 18.45, 15-50

Eddie Meehan and Mark Mullin of Harvard came in first and second; Art Freeman of B.U. came in third; and then in an unbroken string came the rest of Harvard cross country team, as the Crimson crushed B.U. 12-45 at Franklin Park yesterday for its second win in as many meets this year.

Of course, the B.U. team was expected to be weak, and Harvard had reason to be cocky after its upset victory over Cornell last Saturday. But the Crimson harriers looked good, nevertheless; they had speed and, what was more striking, depth. Bob Knapp, Greg Baldwin, and Ed Hamlin took fourth through sixth places, and Don Kirkland and Don Hooper were strong in the seventh and eighth slots.

The freshman team was no less impressive as it trounced its B.U. adversary by a perfect 15-50 score. John Ogden, who took first place against Cornell last Saturday repeated the performance yesterday. Robert Anschuetz managed to avoid getting a stitch this time out and finished a strong second. Other Yardling runners took third through ninth.