JV, Freshman Football Teams Lose Despite Determined Play, 12-7, 14-0

Princeton's JV and freshman football teams met with determined opposition, but both squads managed to post victories over Harvard Saturday.

In both games Princeton's first half superiority was the deciding factor.

The Tiger JV's, who won by a 12-7 margin, took the lead at the end of the first quarter when Frank Remley reached the end zone on a three yard buck over center. Minutes later, tailback Remley broke loose again, this time on a reverse, for 25 yards and the second Princeton touchdown.

Princeton's control of the game ended with the half. The Crimson took the opening kick-off in the third quarter and promptly marched to a TD. Tink LeRoy climaxed the drive with a 12-yard gain off tackle. John Hartramft kicked the point.

After that the Crimson seemed to move the ball at will, except when they came close to the Tiger goal line. The loss was the first suffered by the JV team this year.

Princeton's freshmen made devastating use of the screen pass despite the icy weather to completely dominate the first half in their game with the Yardlings.

McKay's 55-yard pass to Tony Krausen set up the second Princeton touchdown.

As in the JV game, Harvard came back strong in the second half, but the Yardings couldn't cross the fiercely guarded Tiger goal line. The first half 14-0 score remained unchanged. Tom Biladeau put some nice passes in the air, but the cold had begun to take its toll on receivers' hands.