H.S.A. EXPLAINED

The Mail

All Harvard Student:

Recently there has been a great deal of criticism from several students and student groups concerning the Harvard Student agencies. Harvard Student Agencies earnestly desires to clear up any misconceptions that exist among the students. Harvard Student Agencies was established for two major purposes. the first is to provide student employment opportunities that enable Harvard students to help finance their education. The second to provide needed services to the members of the Harvard community.

It is our wish to provide these services in as efficient and economical a way as possible. Naturally mistakes are made, but we earnestly desire to improve all aspects of our businesses. Furthermore, we want all members of Harvard Community to have confidence in our operation. Toward this goal we wish to make clear the following actions which we are taking to clear up any difficulties or misunderstandings that may exist.

We welcome a meeting with representatives of the student council to discuss H.S.A. problems and explain our organization.

In any instance where a student feels he has received inferior merchandise or in which he feels that the product was misrepresented we will be happy to make full restitution of all monies. We request all students who have complaints to make them to our managers and to members of our administration.

As a result of the questions that have been raised, we are calling in all our managers to discuss possible improvements where complaints are justified. In addition, we will try to discover from talks with students what changes, if any, we should make.

After our complete evaluation we will present the Student Council with a full report regarding our operations, including any changes that we feel are necessary.

We hope that by improving any services that need revision and by indicating our sincerity to all students, we will retain the confidence of the Harvard community and continue to provide the important services that we do. G. Oilver Koppell, '62.   President, H.S.A.