Picked

Kennedy named J. Kenneth . Paul M. Warburg Professor of . Ambassador to India he noted economist has applied to university for a leave of absence. In of his nomination, Galbraith expects out the term." He stated that, is departure, Gustav F. Papaneck, on Economics, will teach 170.

for his post, Galbraith extensively on various as- of economic development in India neighboring countries. Some of his on economic development have published in India. In 1952 and 1956 on the campaign staff of Adlai Democratic Presidential . From 1956 to 1960 he was the Economics Advisory the Democratic Advisory Council.

raith has achieved nation-wide from his outspoken support of causes. His book The Affluent was a best seller a few years ago, recent collection of short pieces, iberal Hour, received critical acast fall.

elschauer Approved by Japan

apanese Government yesterday ap Edwin O. Reischauer, director of rvard-Yenching Institute and Pro of Japanese History, as United Ambassador. Reischauer leaves to Washington to address the War and confer with Under-Secretary A. Bowles. After about a month he will proceed to Japan.

uick acceptance by the Japanese ed Reischauer. He termed it the answer to the nomination of a bassador to Japan that he could Reischauer believes this unprece step demonstrates that Japan is o welcome him to his new post. ing his regrets at leaving the Uni he stated, "I definitely will re teach." Albert M. Craig, assistant r of History, will deliver his lec Soc Sci 111.

elschauer Approved by Japan

elschauer Approved by Japan

elschauer Approved by Japan