CRIMSON WEEKLY CALENDAR

ART

BOSTON

INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART (Soldiers Field Road): "New Painting," which apparently means what it says, closes Sunday, October 8.

MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS: "25 Centuries of Peruvian Art" (700 B.C. to 1800 B.C. to 1800 A.D.) opens Wednesday. Co-sponsored by the Peabody Museum, this exhibition contains over 300 objects, including a grouping of pre-Columbian gold. "18th Century New England Embroideries" will remain on display in Gallery D 21, as will "20th Century Prints by Contemporary Artists" in the Hemicycle and "English and French Watercolors" in the Watercolor Corridor. A display in the Book Corridor will demonstrate "French Design and Decoration for the Craftsman of the 18th Century." In Gallery D 45 a display of communion silver from the First Parish Congregational Church in Milton will begin on Sunday. Recent accessions on display include 16th and 17th century Dutch, Flemish, and Italian paintings.

CAMBRIDGE

BAKER LIBRARY: A collection of color lithographs and watercolors from the Library of Congress depicting "America Industry in the Nineteenth Century." Opens Monday in the lobby.

BUSCH-REISINGER MUSEUM: "Artists of the Bauhaus," a collection of German art from 1900 to 1960, including examples of painting, sculpture, and industrial design from the museum's collection. Starts Tuesday.

GROPPER ART GALLERIES (in the lower lobby of the Brattle Theatre): A one-man exhibition of drawings, the work of Nathan Goldstein.

HAYDEN GALLERY (M.I.T.): Oils and water colors by Stephen Pace. Closes Monday.

WIDENER: Records, books, manuscripts, and such on "The Adams Family at Harvard" will decorate the main entrance hall, the reading room hall, and the stair landings. The material is drawn chiefly from the Harvard Archives. The Widener Memorial Room will contain a display of "extra-illustrated books," starting Monday.

HOUGHTON LIBRARY: A display of music books and manuscripts.

LAMONT LIBRARY: Poetry Room will feature a display on John Haynes Holmes.